Read Write Inc., developed by Ruth Miskin, is a whole-school literacy programme for 4-11-year-olds designed to create fluent readers, confident speakers and willing writers.
The five key principles that underpin all the teaching in all Read Write Inc. Programmes are:
- Participation – our teaching strategies ensure that all children participate fully in the whole lesson – there is no chance for children to lose concentration and miss key elements of the teaching
- Praise – children work together, as partners, taking turns to teach and praise one another and they are motivated by the focused praise they receive from teachers and teaching assistants
- Pace – a lively pace keeps all the children fully engaged
- Purpose – teachers know the purpose of every activity and how it leads into the next
- Passion – it is easy for teachers to be passionate about their teaching because they see their children make such rapid progress.
In September 2013, all the teachers and support staff at Wellgate were trained in Read Write Inc so we could deliver this excellent programme across the school.
Our Read Write Inc Leader is Mrs S Belt. If you have any queries or concerns, please see her for more information.