Here at Wellgate Primary School, we follow the Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council Admission Policy which can be found on ‘About Us’ Section. All parents/carers must apply directly to the Local Authority for admission into the Reception Class and any in-year transfers from Local Authority Schools. Please note that ‘Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Need or an Education, Health and Care Plan which names the school are required to be admitted’.
Applying for a school place if your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan or a Statement of SEN
Wellgate Primary School prides itself in being inclusive and will endeavour to support every pupil. We would love you to consider our school and we aim to meet the needs of all the children in our care.
We are committed to meeting the needs of all children including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. We would ask parents/carers to discuss the identified needs with the school prior to starting so that appropriate intervention and support can be planned and implemented. Advice from the LA or other agencies may be requested to ensure the school can meet any needs appropriately.
If you would like to discuss moving a child to our school or are thinking of choosing our school for your child, please contact the school office who will direct you to the correct member of staff or please make an appointment to speak to our school SENCO/Inclusion Lead (Mrs K. Richardson).
SEND School Offer September 2015
SEND School Offer June 2014
- What is a Special Educational Need?
- What is a disability?
- Who are the best people to talk to at Wellgate Primary School about my child’s difficulties with Learning/ Special Educational Needs or Disability (SEND)?
- What are the different types of support available for children with SEND at Wellgate Primary School?
- How can I let staff know I am concerned about my child’s progress in school?
- How will the school let me know if they have any concerns about my child’s learning in school?
- How is extra support allocated to children and how do they move between the different levels?
- Who are the outside agencies providing services to children with an SEN at Wellgate school?
- How are the teachers in school helped to work with children with an SEND and what training do they have?
- How will the teaching be adapted for my child with SEND?
- How will we measure the progress of your child in school?
- What support do we have for you as a parent/carer of child with an SEND?
- How is Wellgate Primary accessible to children with SEND?
- How will we support your child when they are leaving our school? OR moving on to another class?
- What extra-curricular activities are available for children with SEND at Wellgate primary?
- What specialist training have staff had a Wellgate Primary School?