Recently, Year 5 embarked on their first residential trip to Kingswood. They were challenged from the outset when they were given the first task of making their own beds! They then had three jam-packed days of activities including Nightline, Jacob’s Ladder, Leap of Faith, Zip line, 3G swing and bouldering.
Some of the best bits:
- All the activities because they were a mix of fun and scary at the same time – Mia
- Watching Mr. Hawley go down the zipline upside down – Jacob
- Watching Miss Turner pull the rope on the 3G swing and Miss Roantree on the Zipwire – Ruby
- Being so excited from the moment I arrived – Eden
- Going on the 3G swing because I was scared of how high it went – Miley
- Getting over my fears and doing every activity and the giving my friends support – Mia
- Facing my fear of heights – Dylan
The children were a credit to Wellgate and themselves as they behaved tremendously and showed fabulous team spirit! We are all proud of the determination and resilience they showed, especially during some of the more daunting tasks and we hope they are proud of their own achievements!